The “Favella” farm was founded in 1932 in the plain of Sibari, Calabria, Italia, by the grandfather of Mr. Nicola Rizzo, actual CEO of the group. Since then, it has always been owned by the Rizzo family.
The Favella Group includes now few companies, always owned by the Rizzo family, but divided according to specific fields: some are in charge of agricultural productions (production and sale of fresh ingredients); some are involved with the energetic process and business; some take care of production and sale of agricultural products.
Sud Rienergy, team leader of the whole Favella Group, is the company in charge of production and sale of speciality products. Its name SUD immediately recalls our southern origin, while RIENERGY recalls our mission to protect the environment with clean and renewable energy.
All our products are CO2 free (no carbon dioxide is produced and put into the environment during production), saving the environment 14 million of carbon dioxide per year. The environment is very important for us: we have the third biggest photovoltaic plant in the world, with 15,5 MW for the greenhouses, 1 MW for the biogas plant, 0,7 MW for the offices and cattle shed, for a total of 32 million of kw per year.
We are BRC, IFS and organic certified.
We are one of the very few Italian companies that can guarantee a complete and full agricultural supply chain for all our products (sauces, jams, juices, cheeses, vegetables …) prepared in our kitchen from the raw ingredient to the finished product. Every single raw ingredient is cultivated in our farm or picked-up from wild local plants of the plain of Sibari. We have been the first company of whole Europe to cultivate fresh goji berries and now we have now 60.000 plants at the farm. We also succeeded in importing from India and cultivating the Moringa oleifera trees, now counting 5.000 plants at the farm.
We provide 4 food brands and 1 non-food brand:
- Nik: nutraceutical line made of goji berries and Moring oleifera of our own direct cultivation, vegan and free from any addictive. A line of delicious products that are good to eat but also bring many health benefits. A wellness boost for each day meal!
- Bio Nik: the organic certified version of Nik goji berry products;
- Torre Saracena: traditional gourmet luxury line, typical of Calabria, made of vegetables and fruits, vegan and free from any addictive;
- Bufavella: cheeses from buffalo’s milk made from our 700 buffalos, fed with our own forage and transformed at our company dairy factory;
- +b: cosmetic line made from our own precious ingredients like buffalo’s milk, goji berries and Moringa oleifera;
We offer high quality products, innovative, SALUTISTICI and good to eat, together with the guarantee of the complete Italian supply chain and the plus of family and company philosophy and history.