Terre d’Oltrepò s.c.a.p.a. was founded on 1 July 2008 following the Merger Act between the Cantina Sociale Intercomunale of Broni S.C.A.R.L. founded in 1960 and the Cantina of Casteggio S.C.A.P.A. founded in 1907.
This merger has given rise to the most important vine growing and wine producing company of the whole of Oltrepò Pavese and north-western Italy and has united the two production plants of Broni and Casteggio, which during the last grape harvest of 2016, vinified over 429,000 tons of grapes.