The Allegrini family has played a leading role in the history of Fumane and of Valpolicella since the 16th century and has passed on the culture of wine-making from generation to generation.
Situated in the foothills of Fumane, this vineyard is named after the adjacent Villa della Torre, an important legacy of the Italian Renaissance which is also part of the Allegrini Estate.
It extends to cover an area of 26 hectares (64 acres), stands at an average altitude of 240 m (787 ft) a.s.l. and its east-facing position guarantees good exposure to the sun. The varietals grown here are Corvina, Rondinella and Sangiovese, planted between 1962 and 1989. The vine training system used is the traditional trellis (Pergola Trentina), with a plant density of approximately 3000 vines per hectare (1214 vines/acre). The entire area is terraced by means of the traditional dry-stone walling called ‘marogne’ in local dialect, a highly characteristic example of local, rural architecture. The subsoil is primarily composed of marly limestone that encourages a marked concentration of sugars in the grapes while maintaining a good degree of acidity.